TECHNET Archives

July 2012

From:
Rex Waygood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Rex Waygood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 12:39:19 +0100
I do know that BGAs are not level.
I have seen a demo of a machine, A3DI, which accurately measures the height of components, amongst other things, and it was interesting to see that all BGAs had a slight tilt on them.
At the demo I could not find out how the tilt was related to the direction of passage through reflow, however it was my guess that the two are related.

If you want more info contact  Dave Hall <[log in to unmask]>

Regards
Rex