TECHNET Archives

July 2012

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:22:45 -0400
I agree. I have seen dendrites grow under solder mask from on conductor to
another, and from a PTH to a conductor, under solder mask.

If the residue were benign, until exposed to water, and the coating were to
protect it from exposure, it could help.

Still, I am skeptical, that it would reduce risk of failure. It would need
to be a designed process, not a band aid.

It might make things worse.

Guy