TECHNET Archives

July 2012

Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:19:06 -0700
Hi Experts,

I am looking at the alternatives to Solder Mask for surface high-speed
interconnects, as solder mask causes impedance discontinuity.  I would
like to use OSP process instead of solder mask, but I have been told that
OSP does not protect Copper in harsh environment.  I will appreciate if
you can suggest some other alternatives.

Thanks.

Regards
Ravinder Ajmani
HGST, a Western Digital company