TECHNET Archives

July 2012

From:
Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:49:29 +0000
Based on my understanding, leveling using perform is standard (minimize the voiding as well).  If design properly, there are solder joints can pull the parts in to position with a stop over built in on PWB (IBM late 80s publication if you can find them).  The alignment for MM is not bad.  Ball lens help.  As for optical sensor, assume it is not as critical as fiber optics, with internal calibration build in the sensor (such as look up table for correction), shouldn't be hard.  Of course, depend upon the design and application requirements.

Joyce Koo
Materials Researcher - Materials Interconnect Lab
Research In Motion Limited
Office: (519) 888-7465 79945