TECHNET Archives

July 2012

From:
grandrien <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
grandrien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 06:45:30 +0200
Hi Juliano,

The voids are also very dependant to solder paste and component. Testing other materials can be a solution.
If the pad surface is important it is geneally recommended to split the solder deposite in individual deposites (multiscares...). Some add solder mask cross in middle of their large pad to create outgassing chanel during reflow.
Profile can also impact. The general idea is then to increase time and/or temperature in the acceptable limits to outgassing as much as possible and decrease the voids.

My 2 cents
Grandrien.

Message du 13/07/12 23:06