TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
Tom Burek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tom Burek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:19:54 -0600
Hi,
These questions are directed primarily at the PCB fabrication
professionals out there, but any input is welcome.

What is the standard location tolerance for a first stage drilled hole,
(unplated)?
What is the standard location tolerance for a second stage drilled hole
(unplated)?

Lets assume IPC Class 2.
I tried looking through IPC 6012 and IPC-2221 but cold not find any
indication of what first stage drilled holes or second stage drilled
holes.
Where can I find any industry documentation used by the PCB fabricators to
identify this information?

Thank you in advance.

Tom Burek, CID+