TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
Vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 22:21:33 +0000
Hi Louis,

Regardless of the specific surface finish, you'd want to use SEM/EDS in order to see what is present on the surface.

If you need help, please let me know, as we do that type of analysis on a regular base.

To make things more interesting, sometime so called "solderability issues" have nothing to do with actual ability of a given surface to be soldered. I had one of those cases published a year ago in the SMTA magazine.

Regards,
Regards,

Vladimir

SENTEC Testing Laboratory Inc.