TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Richard Kraszewski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:47:48 -0500
I would appreciate anyone sharing their thoughts on vacuum drying of PCB's.

What conditions do you use? (Time, temp and vacuum)

I realize it can be used to reduce required peak temperature but is there potentially any time reduction benefit to using vacuum?

I saw a paper from the "Electronic Components and Systems Division within German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers´Association Working Group", entitled

 "Recommendation & Guideline Values for drying for bare PCBs"

The offered a rather paltry reduction in drying time of 60 minutes from 8 hours if vacuum was used. Doesn't seem like much of a benefit.

Rich Kraszewski/PLEXUS