TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:33:27 -0400
Hi,

 Having used card board shelving supplies for years I was curious. I heard
about solderability issues but never noticed issues. So I was wondering if
this was hogwash or not.

 So I did a little web look up and found this note:

www.kondner.com/files/cardboard_soldering.pdf

Now I have parts in plastic bags and the cardboard containers do have small
holes, that might help vent. Our temperature is lower probably around 20 -
23C.  But the result in the paper were a BIG surprise. Likes like it is a
real issue and NOT hogwash.

 I have a pile of 1206 reels that have been sitting in a card board box
without plastic bags for maybe 10 years. I will need to take a look.

Bob K.