TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
William Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, William Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:52:36 -0500
Hello - I am currently working with a small start-up on getting their numerous board designs configured.  I have been stressing the importance of numbering their board designs with a numbering scheme of some type (schematic: "Dwg number - AANNN-NN"  pcb: "Dwg number - AANNN-NN"  pcb assy: "Dwg number - AANNN-NN"  parts list: "Dwg number - AANNN-NN")  I have always preferred "non-intelligent" schemes but I've seen alot of companies tend to build some intelligence into their schemes.  Does anyone have any suggestions on numbering schemes?  I've reviewed IPC-D-325 but their doesn't appear to be any suggestions in there.  Thanks in advance for any help.