TECHNET Archives

June 2012

From:
Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:00:45 -0400
Steve,

Terry Munson at Foresite has been able to clean many badly contaminated assembled boards with a steam process that does not damage the components.

With his C3 instrument he can extract/analyze residues with a steam extraction process that can be applied to a single part as small as the smallest QFN package or 020X smt resistor.  The extracted liquid is then put thru a liquid chromatograph and other insttumentation to determine the cause of the contamination.

I've visited his facility in Kokomo; its quite impressive.

Bob