TECHNET Archives

May 2012

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2012 09:34:49 +0300
  Later: I was fairly sure I had it so did a deeper search and found it
in chapter 24.2 on p.279, pretty much as I described. I also bring to
your attention chap. 24.3 on the same page, the IPC acetonitrile test
which can also be used to detect the presence of rosin. The ref in the
book was
IPC-TM-65. Test Methods 2.3.38 and 2.3.39, Surface Organic Contaminant
Detection and Identification Tests, The Institute for Interconnecting
and Packaging Electronic Circuits, Evanston, II (1984).
obviously updated since then!

Brian