TECHNET Archives

May 2012

From:
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2012 09:57:23 -0500
We run our selective solder, wave solder, tin pots, robotic tinning cells, etc, at 500 deg. F. All of these contain Sn63, but we do not use lead-free HASL finishes.

Same is true for at least 8 of the other companies I work for, except many of them DO use Pb-free HASL PWBs, including a customized process for HASL application of Kester's KL100D, and another for Nihon Superior's Sn100C.

They have found (repeatedly) that dissolution and visual wetting is optimized at 260-270C for Sn63 solder to almost any Pb-free plating.