TECHNET Archives

May 2012

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2012 11:17:34 -0500
Good morning all,

I am working on a draft of IPC-5703, titled " Cleanliness for
Fabricators", a kind of Cleanliness 101 for board fab houses.  It should
be ready for wider review in a month or so, but you can see drafts of it
here.

http://www.ipc.org/CommitteeDetail.aspx?Committee=5-32C

So you will see several questions from me.

Question 1:  In the board fabrication process (not the OEM/EMS assembly
process), have any of you ever seen residue accumulation on in-circuit
test pins or flying probe test pins which interfere with in-circuit test
continuity?  Our board shop says it does not happen today.  It was a more
common occurrence 10 years ago when HASL was more prevalent, but I don't
believe it happens today.

Agree or not, and why.

Thanks.

Doug Pauls