DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

May 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Designers Council Forum)
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2012 11:09:37 -0400
Did tape for many years.  Then went to AutoPCB by Cadisys Corp., a
program that rode on top of AutoCAD, in the early 1990's.  Around '96
did demos of most of the popular software including PADs, Recal-Redac,
and chose Tango as our best option.  Unfortunately our budget got cut so
we stayed with AutoPCB until 2000.  In 2000 we looked around again and
chose Protel.  We stayed with Protel until 2006 and then upgraded to
Altium and are still using it today.

My regards,
Steve Smith
Project Engineer
Staco Energy Products Co.
"Your tailored power solutions provider"