TECHNET Archives

April 2012

From:
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:07:29 -0500
Thank you, Julie. Excellent post.
My only comment is on number 4. Depending on the type of no-clean flux (liquid benchtop versus tacky no-clean that hardens after soldering), I agree that the tacky flux that hardens should not be cleaned. Liquid benchtop flux that does not harden, and leaves a sticky residue, should be cleaned and can be cleaned with a number of solvents, including water wash with a good saponifier.To answer Robert's question about an example of this, there are many. One example would be Kester 959, but they are very common.