TECHNET Archives

April 2012

TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:07:43 -0500
When I said "we" don't care where they buy it, it was the corporate "we".  With our production CM in China, I worry plenty about counterfeit components and such.   I thought I was just a tree falling in the forest, but at last week's "reduce the vendor count" meeting, our global supply chain manager mentioned that it's easy to know if our CMs purchased from approved vendors, but how are we sure they actually buy approved manufacturers parts from their vendors.    Hmmmmmmm...... where have I head that before?

Excel BOMs are scary, but we only use them for proto runs, 10-20 quantities.  And I've got all kinds of Visual Basic connecting the schematic & layout software to Excel to our AML database.

Pete