TECHNET Archives

April 2012

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:41:59 -0400
Pete,

 Question:

 You mention that you have your CMs purchase against your AVL, ok that makes sense. But, how do you get your AVL data into the CM purchasing system?

That sounds like a messy data exchange. It would seem to require that CMs make sure each of your part number to be unique in their system.  I know that many CMs like to code a BOM against their internal part numbers but that would not honor your AVL list requirement.

Did I get that right?

Thanks,
Bob K.