TECHNET Archives

April 2012

From:
Victor Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:20:09 -0500
Fellow TechNetters:

   What is the expected IMC formation thickness for a Forced Rework Work 2x process.   Typically I see 2-5 micron on OSP product, given that external copper pad is being leached during the thermal excursion process.   2x formation thickness usually measure less than 10 microns.   However, on ENIG, there is no exposed copper to leach out.   What signs can I look for to confirm multiple thermal excursion.

Victor,