TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2012 18:51:47 +0100
The photos do not show any discoloration. Did you select the right
components? I have seen discoloration of many epoxy covered components. The
analysis is usually this:
alt.1  deviation in the component manufacturer's process
alt. 2 overheat due to excessive heat in the soldering process, especially
with IR-lamps
alt. 3 overheat due to excessive current
alt. 4 natural discoloration of epoxy body over a long time's operation

the reason for most issues occur in the middle section can simply be that
those components were exposed to harder  IR radiation, not unusual with IR
lamp ovens. We left such ovens and use VP.

Inge