TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
EIMCNews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, EIMCNews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:27:24 -0800
George,

Apologies.  I don't want to be disagreeable but you're overlooking the
transport dynamics of getting fresh electrolyte in the hole.  In the process
you're making a "high-throw" bath seem much more important than it really is
in the grand scheme.

If, for instance, the cathodes were more numerous, perhaps cup shaped and
arrayed on a conventional plating rack then I get it on "high throw" but
when it comes to circuit boards, especially those with small holes?  Find
the way to get the solution moving better through those holes and you don't
have to worry as much about maintaining a high-throw system.

Sincerely,

Roger Mouton

EIMC - Advanced Plating Technologies