TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
"Kuczynski, Michael (H USA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Kuczynski, Michael (H USA)
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:36:35 -0400

Have to say I've never seen anything printed on this. I've always
treated it as, the "design needs".

In general, I avoid flooding discretes and keep at .005in clearance. For
power/analog devices that need it, its anywhere from .025 to .050in
thermal tie (for TO-220/SOT parts)

Then there's, the engineer REALLY wants it flooded and/or the datasheet
calls for it. Espically useful for heat dissapation.