TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:46:14 -0500
Must be one of those fine points of REACH buried in the admini-babble of
the legislation.

Doug Pauls

From:   "Peter Swanson" <[log in to unmask]>
To:     "TechNet E-Mail Forum" <[log in to unmask]>,
Cc:     <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   03/28/2012 11:26 AM
Subject:        Re: [TN] Rework Concern and Question

Rumour has it that US recipe Mt Dew is banned in UK and locally available
product is therefore adulterated.

Sent from my iPhone
Peter Swanson
Office: +44 1865 842842
Mobile: + 44 7785 908556

On 28 Mar 2012, at 18:20, "Douglas Pauls" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Ooooooooooooooo, and there is one in Oxfordshire.  I owe  you one Ian.
> Thanks
>
> Doug Pauls
>

> From:   "Fox, Ian" <[log in to unmask]>
> To:     TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>,
> "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:   03/28/2012 10:40 AM
> Subject:        RE: [TN] Rework Concern and Question
>

> Doug, you are looking in the wrong places. Next time try Asda (owned by
> walmart) they do mt. dew. I hate to see a man suffer.............
>
> Regards
> Ian

Dew
> in the UK.  I go into withdrawal every time I go there.  Last time I
came
> back through the Detroit Airport, the lady in the convenience shop said
> she had never seen someone so happy to find a bottle of Diet Mt. Dew.
"Did

> you just get back from the UK?"   Hilarious.
>
> Doug Pauls
>

> From:   Joyce Koo <[log in to unmask]>
> To:     <[log in to unmask]>
> Date:   03/28/2012 07:57 AM
> Subject:        Re: [TN] Rework Concern and Question
> Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>
>

> Depend upon which country, cross the boarder you don't have that much
real
> "stuff" in it.  (not sure about UK.  It might be the same, since we both

> got Queen on our coins).
>
> Joyce Koo
> Materials Researcher - Materials Interconnect Lab Research In Motion
> Limited
> Office: (519) 888-7465 79945

Wireless
> Network Solutions 40 Technology Drive, Warren, NJ 07059
> (908) 546-4531 Office (732) 309-8964 Mobile

Sn
> La1 at 1.74kV), giving you what appears as a peak at around 1.7kV which
is
> around the same as the Si Ka peak 1.74kV).
> Bottom line is that the "Si" peak which is being described is most
likely
> an EDX artefact and not a Si peak at all!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Stewart
>

> Stewart McCracken
> MCS Ltd.
> Centre House
> Midlothian Innovation Centre
> Roslin
> Midlothian
> EH25 9RE
> U.K.
>
> t. +44 (0)131 440 9090
> m. +44(0)7711 541735
> e. [log in to unmask]
> w. www.themcsgroup.co.uk

Cu
> can dissolve into the near pure Sn solder and drive the liquidus up -
and
> the longer you heat the greater the Cu dissolution and the higher the
MP.
> You are probably dissolving out the PCB pad/through hole barrel as well.
> The Cu/Sn phase diagram looks like a tick or check mark. The short Sn
down
> stroke side is from 232 to low point of 227 and the Cu up stroke side is

> near vertical to MP of Cu somewhere over 1000C, so you get a very rapid
> temp increase for small compositional change.
>
> Suggest try come in with a hot iron (more than 700) to melt out the
> existing composition quickly or flush with more solder to add tin to the

> mix and depress MP.  Or both.
>

> Regards
>
> Mike Fenner
> Bonding Services & Products
> T: +44 [0] 1865 522 663 E: [log in to unmask]

C.
> The 2% SEM pickup is probably silicon chips or dust from the component
> body.

Did