TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:19:12 -0500
Now that is a good thought, Mike. Another possiblity is that the new component has a heavier heat spreader inside, or some other mechanical  feature (belly of component now makes contact with PWB due to different lead form height, whereas old one did not?) that sinks more heat and is thus more difficult to bring up to temperature. Possibly putting the CCA on a pre-heater such as the Hakko FR1012B would suddenly make it easier to solder, or unsolder. That may provide a clue.