TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Pradeep Menon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Pradeep Menon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 11:33:04 +0000
We had supplied a PCb to one of our high reliability customers 2-3 years back. Now we understand that in one of the PCB they have observed a low resistance short after thermal cycling. The bare PCB was BBT tested at our end and was also cross verified as a bare board by the customer. They had populated the board and the tests were all found compliant. After some time they say they observed a low resistance short. We are a bit perplexed on this. Can anyone share what can be the possible reasons for the same. We feel it may be even something to do with assembly as well. Can you pls provide some inputs

Rgds

Pradeep