TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2012 07:32:39 -0500
Well Carl, it depends, and depends largely on what flux system you are
trying to clean.  If I was constrained to a single solvent for universal
cleaning, I would pick Kyzen Cybersolv 141R solvent.  It has worked well
on both the leaded and lead-free flux systems that we have tried.  Also
works well as a general cleaner.  Kyzen also tends to support their
products very well.  You can get more info here:

http://www.kyzen.com/Cybersolv/Cybervolv-141-R.html

As a second choice, you might consider Chemtronics Heavy Duty Flux-Off. It
also works well, but is more designed for flux removal than general
cleaning.

Not sure what the relative costs of these are, but they should be widely
available.

Doug Pauls