TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Carl VanWormer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2012 15:49:28 -0700
History:  I grew up with a can of GC Electronics "Big Bath"
solvent/cleaner within easy reach, using it for flux removal, adhesive
clean-up, and a wide variety of solvent related tasks.  Each of the
monster 22 oz. cans would last for several years of my minimal usage
patterns.  The last can I bought cost $18 and is almost empty.  The
local store no longer stocks this item.  Looking in the catalogs, I see
that there are a variety of blends going by the name of "Big Bath", with
a variety of solvents and propellants, with prices up to $45!  Maybe
it's time to change my old habits.

Question for the group:  What is your favorite/best/recommended spray
solvent for general clean-up?

Bonus Question:  What characteristics make it your favorite?

Thanks,
Carl

Carl B. Van Wormer
P.E.  AE7GD