TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
vladimir Igoshev <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2012 16:40:51 +0000
Technetters,

I'm wondering is there a rule of thumb  for pass/fail acceptance on champagne voids (like one for delta Tg or Au embrittlement)?

We see a fair amount of micro (few microns level) voids on a customer board and they are wondering how they can "push" their IAg board supplier.

X-ray rule isn't going to work as they can not be reliably resolve due to the size.

Thank you very much in advance for constructive responses :-).
Vladimir

SENTEC Testing Laboratory Inc.
11 Canadian Road, Unit 7.
Scarborough, ON M1R 5G1