TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 22:25:08 +0100
How can you learn design without courses? Kind of shortcut? By means of
some existin one-hour workshop, you may be able to design a one layer, few
component board, but if you know nothing about ASSEMBLY and TEST
technology, I'm afraid that will be no good construction. I know guys who
have been designing PWBs for decades, and they say to me there is still
more to learn: materials, chemistry, tolerances, electrical paramters,
thermal properties, environmental behavior, soldering, repair, modifying,
rules, standards, marking, storage bla-bla...If the person is very young or
have some perception problem or like, you can of course buy learning-kits
for a decent cost. Hands-on with other words. Example:

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/complete.htm

There are lots of such kits, with varying complexity

Here is a list:

http://www.everythingpcb.com/p13426.htm

Inge