TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:54:31 -0400
Inge,

Sure it helps!

I remember one trip through 85/85 with Cu and Ni filled solder substitutes -
what a joke!  Had to pick all the pieces up from the floor of the chamber.
Board traces oxidized, copper-filled adhesive all yucked up.  Nickel-filled
looked good, but the copper traces beneath oxidized.

    Don't even begin to think of autoclave!

Don't put it on OSP

For certain consumer products with a gentle environment and shock
conditions, with the correct component terminations, I could see it working
- just don't flex the board  :-)

Would not want them in Patrick's nuclear power generation application.

Steve G - cloudy and overcast & raining here.  Talk about needing that lost
hour of sleep!

Steve C