TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
Phil Bavaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2012 08:55:38 -0700
Hi Steve,

I think rework might be a big reason.  The form factor might also be
important.  It certainly solves the low temperature process requirements
but most parts are already designed for solder reflow.

I personally have always avoided designing with screened adhesives but I
know a lot of people have overcome the process issues.  Who knows, maybe
this is uncharted territory but I have wonder what the workmanship
standard for a conductive adhesive chip cap might look like.

Phil