TECHNET Archives

March 2012

From:
William Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, William Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 05:54:40 -0600
Hello all - We call out a minimum of .001 inches of copper plating on the walls of our holes in our standard fabrication notes.  We don't mention any min or max on exposed lands and lines. We recently received a board that upon cross-section analysis we discovered it had an additional .005 inches of copper plated up on the top and bottom of the board.  We are considering listing a maximum in our drawing notes as follows:  "PLATING PROCESS SHALL NOT PRODUCE MORE THAN AN ADDITIONAL .0025 INCHES OF COPPER ON EXPOSED LANDS AND LINES."  Anyone have any comments or suggestions for us?  Thanks in advance.