DESIGNERCOUNCIL Archives

March 2012

DesignerCouncil@IPC.ORG

Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:35:17 -0400
We use the term "footprint" as well. We name our footprints by the IPC-7351 standard convention (metric)......BUT......we do all of our layouts in mils (DOH!!!). The main exception being a pin escape from a BGA. In those cases we typically switch back and forth. I'd prefer to switch to a metric only model but we have some older designers who are set in their ways and don't want to hear it. I'm 44 years old and I remember being in 5th grade and being told that America will be switching to metric like the rest of the world so I'm not going to hold my breath.

-

Ed Dame

Computerized Circuit Design, Inc.
8 Stiles Road Suite 112B
Salem, NH 03079
Pho. 603-893-1320 x-203
Fax. 603-893-1629
www.ccdnh.com

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential or
proprietary to Computerized Circuit Design, Inc. and it's
intended receiver. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution
or other use is strictly prohibited. If you received this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently
destroy any copy you may have obtained.