TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:55:30 -0600
On some of our older equipment where a smaller IDE hard drive is needed due to applications that won't run on newer systems we have been installing sold state drives. They are reasonably priced and should work fine as long as the system doesn't read / write a lot of data back and forth. Flash memory does have life limitations. Theoretically getting a larger drive thatn needed will help as there is mechanisms built in to balance usage.

We've gotten ours from memorydepot.com, but I'm sure there are plenty of sources.

Blair