TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
"Blakley, Peggi J CIV NSWC CRANE, GXSQ" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blakley, Peggi J CIV NSWC CRANE, GXSQ
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 2012 08:01:24 -0500
Carl,  If the coating is in fact acrylic, the isopropyl alcohol will remove the coating without any degradation the component or board material.  If it is something other than Acrylic coating, then take a look at the IPC document IPC-7711/7721 for specific removal processes.  Hope this Helps, Peggi Blakley