TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2012 15:50:20 -0500
Blair,

I believe the type of probe tip you are using would dictate the hardness required of your calibration pad.

Also, if your probes will always be coming down in the exact same spot [say within ±25µm] each time, you will ultimately be probing the base metal of your calibration pad [thinking conical or 'tulip' probes].

I would be inclined to have the internal resistance of the calibration pad as low as possible - thinking copper, copper foil, or OFHC copper

Alternatively, get some hard, edge connector gold [with cobalt, or other hardeners] and see how long it takes to poke through that coating.

Seems like the prober mfr might have some ideas for this as well.

I see a run-off in the works...

Sorry, could not be of more help

Steve C