TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Robert Kondner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:54:13 -0500
Brian,

 Thank You.  I was considering the IPA to reduce the surface tension with the thought it would help remove/dilute wash water under parts. (I got this idea from your book!)

 My blow off air source is probably dirty (Oil free diaphragm pump with  a 5 micron filter) and blow off is a slight pain. Eliminating the blow off would be eliminate a minor hassle. (I do wash with tap so I wanted something to remove tap water.)

 I lack the ability to measure final contamination levels in house so I am just trying to find the easiest procedure that makes sense. I only do this hand process for proto and small runs but even for these small quantities I don't want to be doing anything stupid. The rinse with distilled / IPA solution sounds like a simple "No Brainer" with the elimination of blow off a plus. I have an oven for a dry.

Bob K.