TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Douglas Pauls <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 15:56:10 -0600
Well it is a chemical term.  We have dis solution over here and dat
solution over dere..................

Somebody help me......................

Doug Pauls

From:   Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   02/03/2012 02:55 PM
Subject:        Re: [TN] R: [TN] Cu - dissolution and IMC growth rate
Sent by:        TechNet <[log in to unmask]>

Dissolution (why do we use that word?I prefer diffusion) of various metals
in solder melts has been done for cent uries, so I have nothing new. What
found unexpected was the mirror-like diagrams showing Gold, Silver, Copper
and some others dissolution in Sn6040.  Probably following arrhenius's
law.
You must see it yourself, so I send it to Steve and his dino.

I read some interesting facts in one of the ASTM Handbooks. "Handbooks" !1
This one is so gross and heavy, that you need car lift. If you drop that
volume, seismographs all around will jump.

Inge

On 2 February 2012 23:58, SALA GABRIELE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What I found on IPC Standards, just few paragraphs on
> IPC-HDBK-001,(Dec-2000)
>
> 4.1.7.2 Intermetallic Layers
> 4.1.7.2.1 Intermetallic Growth Rates
>
> As Dave says, plenty of information (Papers) are available about Copper
> Dissolution phenomena and IMC behaviours at different temperatures and
> Alloys. With Reflow,Wave and Rework Processes.
> Also on web, if lucky, by googling you can find plenty of helpful infos.
>
> Regards
>
> Gabriele

Cu

http://listserv.ipc.org/archives