TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Nigel Burtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 09:57:50 -0600
No Robert - we are talking about solder wire for hand soldering only as per the subject... not paste or wave solder

Choose some wire samples from the providers meeting your technical criteria and let them suggest which they find best to work with. They will have to live with your decision - it will be better to get their buy-in if they feel involved with the selection process. If they already do the job or similar using lead based solder I guarantee they will find the job more difficult with lead-free whatever wire is chosen