TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Blair Hogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:53:29 -0600
Howdy Technetters,

Before everyone heads out to APEX I've got a question maybe someone will have a good answer to.  Are there any limitiations on what to use to clean ESD floor mats periodically to enusre that operator grounding is still effective? I found these online:

http://www.techni-tool.com/674CH014

http://www.techni-tool.com/106CH6002

http://www.desco.com/DescoCatalog/FloorMatsGroundingHardware/MatAccessoriesCleaners/FloorMatCleaner/10444/

But was lloking for something that one would use like a standard floor cleaner, with a bucket and mop. Does this exist, or can normal ordinary floor cleaners be used? One of the sites mentioned silicone being added to commercial floor cleaners which will build up in an insulative layer on the mats.

Thanks,

Blair