TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Steven Creswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2012 04:57:23 -0500
Steve,

If I encounter a syringe with a few random, large, air bubbles I will tamp it on the work surface with the syringe tip "UP" and tip cap "OFF".  I will then slowly push the piston and extrude some of the material and air out the tip.

This works for large[r] bubbles, but would be hopeless in your situation.  Retire that lot back to the vendor immediately!  If there is this much air along the inside of the syringe, just imagine the corresponding air within the bulk of the syringe.  The piston of the syringe is pushing on a sponge.  Dispense control will be difficult.

If like adhesives, will typically fill by pressurized transfer from a larger vessel through the tip of the finished-good syringe.

I would not centrifuge solder paste ... too much density differential between constituents.  Even centrifuging of conductive & non-conductive adhesives can lead to problems if one gets carried away.

Bet your operators were about ready to throw the syringes at you!  Dispense needles still on??

Steve C