TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
"Gumpert, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Gumpert, Ben
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2012 19:42:07 +0000
Technetters,

Is anyone using the TSM series connector from Samtec?
See: http://www.samtec.com/documents/webfiles/cpdf/TSM-1XX-XX-XX-DV-S-XXX-XX-MKT1.pdf

Is this considered a gull wing for J-STD-001 solder joint requirements?

At .63 mm square, this is a relatively thick lead that requires a lot of solder to get a heel fillet to the top of the lead (class 3 solder joint). I realize that there are several ways to add solder (overprint, dispense, preforms, etc.), but I don't want to go down those paths if I'm not working to the right requirement.

Ben