TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
"Tontis, Theodore" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Tontis, Theodore
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:04:41 -0500
I worked with a flex circuit that had heat sinks on the back side of the
SMT components. The SMT Process was handled using carrying pallets. To
keep costs , and the number of pallets, down we developed two cooling
racks at the end of the reflow oven. It was a metal rack on a cart with
8 fans on it. The pallets would stand vertical in the rack using guide
rails with ~.5" between each pallet. It didn't take long for them to
cool off enough to be wheeled back to the screen printer and be loaded
back up with no interruption to production. This was used on a high
volume product and because there was a left and a right sided assembly
the pallets were double sided and saw a lot of use. They held up very
well except for, the area that hit the bump stop. We had to add a metal
insert because the pallet wore out in that area before the pallet needed
to be replaced.

Regards,

Ted T.