TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 2012 21:56:29 +0100
Hóla Victor,
is Hernandez your full name or is it followed by more, like Victor b Juarez
Bernardo Hernandez y Caballo de Montana Grosso de Asuncion. I have seen
some impressive names.

Well, there are many methods. Looked briefly through my zinc pile if there
was something for you. You hav
alkaline non-cyanide solutions
chloride solutions
Doctor's solution
Envirozin 2 non cyanide solution
Hylite 80
Unizin
Zincalux
etc

These are sometimes followed by passivation like
Blue passivation
Zinc chromate
Iridex
Zonax
Autopass salts
Black chromate
etc

With other words a jungle. I saw no correlation to whiskers, more than that
whiskers have been observed for a 'number of zinc platings'. Not much of a
help. The general advice to avoid whisker formation is to avoid baths that
produce interatomare tension (general, not only for zinc) . Therefore many
avoid brighteners and/or perform heat treatment. All that has been
presented on seminars for many years, but some go further and use
zero-whisker- formation-solutions. Like this one:
http://www.sambix.co.jp/english/zerowhisker.html. But there are more. This
was what I had. May give you a start. Hoping that someone with zinc finish
as specialty give you more. I know people in that discipline if noone
bites. With the limited knowledge I have, I vote for heat treatment in
first place, because passivation can fail locally. As a second I vote for a
'doped' zinc, but that, again, is for sharper guys to develop.
q.e.s.m.

Ingge