TECHNET Archives

February 2012

From:
Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Inge Hernefjord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:21:13 +0100
Ooouance upon the time, the electronic industries valued their analysis
labs so much, that they sent people on advanced courses in analysis
techniques. No, I don't tell a lie, it's as true as that Budweiser beer is
tasteless.

Well, visiting such seminars, many valuable books were requisited and were
the analyst's pride. Sad enough, lots went into the waste bins during the
years when many labs were guillioutined with the purpose to save money. One
such book that I saved from the fire is now in my private bookshelf. It was
a series of books, but I was not fast enough to get my hand on them all.
Anyway, there is a nice table that has the 30 most used elements in the
electronics industry on the Y and a number of aggressors on the X. So, from
this you can always  find the BASE for a functioning etchant. But you need
find out the proportions yourself.  That's why etchants for a specific
metal or alloy is so hard to find. It's like the baker's recipe on his best
cakes. He is not willing to share. Furthermore, I've shared etchant
mixtures, and people called me and said it didn't work. Because: it
depends....on what you want to see. Simple as that. Therefore, most
analysts develop mixtures adressed to the actual sample.

A long litania, Victor, did you fall asleep? If you are interested in the
table above, just say 'NATURALMENTE'

Inge

I'm sure someone has the etchant for your alloy.