IPC-600-6012 Archives

February 2012

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
"Dieffenbacher, William C (US SSA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:18:26 -0500
I like Don's ball shear test suggestion.  However thermal cycling is also important.  Perhaps perform a 10x solder reflow test per IPC-TM-650 Method 2.6.27 at either SnPb or Pb-free reflow profiles, whichever matches the application, before ball shear test.