TECHNET Archives

January 2012

From:
residuguru <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, residuguru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 10:41:15 -0500
Isn't the important issue here the amount of residue left behind from the flux and from the tap water (I will process boards that have been cleaned and pass SIR with tap water and blow off to assess the additional effects of tap water residues) not the dryness.  I will use an inadequate 4 digit scale but dry dirty boards will still absorb moisture in high humidity and cause stray voltage and leakage issues at best and dendrite corrosion at worst, where clean boards won't.  So lets collect the data and then discuss the results.