TECHNET Archives

January 2012

From:
Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Graham Naisbitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jan 2012 18:05:14 +0000
Fabrice

What do you hope to measure by this technique?

There are just as many non-ionic contaminants in a no-clean process that will not be detected by this technique. It should ONLY be used to control the assembly process.

SIR testing is non-discriminating between ionic and non-ionic species, it simply looks for resistance changes. IF you find a problem with SIR, then use Ion Chromatography or FTIR to establish what is there causing an SIR problem.

HOT ROSE testing will, IMHO, give you a lot of cause for concern without a clear understanding of whether it means anything to the end product service reliability. It might also burn-down your facility, but that's a different issue…  :-)

No-clean ROSE testing maybe requires another route…which is what we are working on.

Graham Naisbitt