TECHNET Archives

January 2012

From:
Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Dwight Mattix <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:43:11 -0800
At 03:15 PM 1/18/2012, Steven Creswick wrote:
>Drew - Richard,
>
>I was going to add that many people have not even seen a core memory
>card, let alone touched one.

I got the Fleet just in time to see our airborne mission computer
upgraded to a whopping 108K of core memory.  It took a licking and
kept on ticking (cat, trap, cat, trap ad infinitum) and restored
reliably (that non-volatile thing) when pwr glitched or was
interrrupted.  Now, the mag tape unit -- that was another story. The
cork lined brake band on the drive motor wasn't good for long at all.