TECHNET Archives

January 2012

From:
Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TechNet E-Mail Forum <[log in to unmask]>, Guy Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 15:27:19 -0500
We have seen solder paste fail within its specified shelf life. The thread I
mentioned as worthwhile in the archive discusses the various failure modes.

In my experience early failures involve the solder balling, hot slump, and
poor printing especially when pushing limits, small apertures, and less than
optimal aspect rations. This especially true with pastes designed for
dispensing.

Guy